Friday 14 June 2019

Litha Witchathon TBR


This readathon start today from June 14th to the 21st. Ive participated in every round so far and its always lots of fun coming up with books to fit all the challenges. I tried to pick mostly LGBT+ reads for my TBR, but theres a couple that dont have any queer elements. I added some comics and an audiobook because I know I wont be able to read more than a seven books in a week. Most of these I received for review so Ill be sharing my thoughts as I finish them. I cheated a little by adding two books that I had already read about a third of, but this is all just for fun so I dont think its a big deal.

CHALLENGES:

1. Litha is the Peak of Life and Warmth in the Wheel, Pick a Book That Promises to be a Feel Good Read!

Avant Guards

Ive been saving this queer comic especially for this readathon. Its about a group of college girls who form a basketball team and I think that could be an empowering feel good read.


2. Trees Are Green and Full Again, Pick a Book That Has a Lot to do With Trees (setting, cover, theme)

Tea Dragon Festival

Im not sure if this ones LGBT+ but the first one was so Im hoping this will be as well. I thought it would fit the prompt since they find a dragon in the forest and tea dragon themselves grow leaves.


3. The Sun is Full and Bright, Pick a Book With Yellow on the Cover

Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon

I decided to pick this one up on audio. Its not LGBT+ from what I could tell, but I do need to read and review it very soon. The fonts yellow so it fits this challenge.


4. Though Light is at Full Mast, Every Day After the Solstice Brings us Closer to the Dark, Pick a Book That Deals With the Dynamics of Good vs Evil

Deviate

I dont think this is LGBT+ either but Ive been dying to read it and had already planned on getting to it this weekend. The first book had a good and evil dynamic within the Lifelikes as well as the Deviates.


5. It’s Hot!!! Read by the Pool

Shatter the Sky

This is about a girl who needs to steal a dragon in order to break her girlfriend out of prison. I dont know if Ill be able to make it to the pool but Id really like to.


6. It’s Summer Break, Choose a Book That Takes Place During Summer

Sorcery of Thorns

I was having a difficult time finding a book to fit this challenge but Ive read the first couple chapters so I know it takes place in summer at least partially. Theres also a couple major LGBT+ characters.


7. Read our Group Pick Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno

Im not sure if Ill be able to get to this one but its been on my TBR forever so I hope I have time.


Are You Joining?

No comments:

Post a Comment