Sunday 23 June 2019

Litha Witchathon Wrap Up


This readathon took place from June 14th to the 21st. I picked mostly LGBT+ reads for my TBR since its pride month, but I did add a couple review copies I needed to get to. I decided to pick some LGBT+ comics to make my TBR more manageable. Since I received most of these for review Ill be sharing my full thoughts on them very soon. I did cheat a little by using some books Id already started, but this all just for fun so I dont think its a big deal.

CHALLENGES;

1. Litha is the Peak of Life and Warmth in the Wheel, Pick a Book That Promises to be a Feel Good Read!

Avant Guards

I figured this would be a feel good read since it has female empowering themes with a group of college girls not only forming a basketball team but also starting up a womans basketball league.


2. Trees Are Green and Full Again, Pick a Book That Has a Lot to do With Trees (setting, cover, theme)

Tea Dragon Festival

I feel like this fits the prompt since it takes place in a moutain village surrounded by forest. The village uses a lot of foraged food from the forest as sustenance. The main character also finds a dragon in the forest and even tea dragons themselves grow these little leaves.


3. The Sun is Full and Bright, Pick a Book With Yellow on the Cover

Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon

This was my audiobook for the week and since it has yellow font I decided to use it dor this challenge. I had started it before the readathon, but I wasnt very far.


4. Though Light is at Full Mast, Every Day After the Solstice Brings us Closer to the Dark, Pick a Book That Deals With the Dynamics of Good vs Evil

Deviate

Theres a Good versus Evil dynamic going on within the group of lifelikes. One specific character makes a big change from one side to the other which was super interesting. I didnt finish this one in time but I did get about half way so I figured Id include it here.


5. It’s Hot!!! Read By The Pool

Shatter the Sky

I wasn't able to make it to the pool, but I did read this by the bath so I guess Ill count it. I live downtown in a big city so there werent many options. The timing just wasnt right since I had already went camping in May and Im not going back until July.


6. It’s Summer Break, Choose a Book That Takes Place During Summer

Sorcery of Thorns

This takes place during three seasons, one of them being summer which is the closest thing I could find to fit this challenge, but I guess Tea Dragon Festival could also work since I technically read a bit of Sorcery of Thorns before the readathon.


7. Read The Group Book

Summer of Salt

I swear Im going to get to this book eventually. Im just swamped with review books at the moment and I always prioritize those because I want to have my review up around the publication day. I really appreciate receiving each one.



Thats It My Friends. Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment