Friday 21 June 2019

Pride Month Book Tag


I did the Pride Flag Book Tag last year so I wanted to do a different LGBT+ themed tag for this pride month. Ive seen a couple different versions of this book tag so for mine I decided to add as many identities as possible. Im not sure who originally created this tag, but Ill add them if I figure it out. I was going to do this tag last year, but I wasnt sure what to pick for some of the questions so I decided to wait. Now that Ive read a bunch more queer books I feel more confident in my answers so lets get started.

1. Book With a Gay Main Character

Alec from Red Scrolls of Magic

I absolutely love Alec in Red Scroll of Magic. Its my favorite shadowhunter book. Him and Magnus were just super adorable together. I also really enjoyed all the demon fighting.



2. Book With a Lesbian Main Character

Akeylah from Rule Duology

I recently finished this duology and I loved all three sisters point of view, but Akeylah is probably my favorite. Her personality, backstory and sapphic romance were all very compelling.


3. Book With an Asexual Main Character

Clover from Last 8

This was such a fun alien invasion story. The main character Clover is more of an intellectual person than an emotional one which was really refreshing. We also get a ragtag group of teenagers who are pretty much all queer.


4. Book With a Pan Main Character

Ari from Once and Future

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if a character is pan or bi but since gender really doesnt seem to matter to Ari Im assuming she's pan. She hooks up with both a gender fluid as well as a female character. We also get an amazing gay Merlin.


5. Book With a Bi Main Character

Odessa from Reign of the Fallen Duology

The way the author portrayed Odessa bisexuality was the most relatable Ive read so it really meant a lot to me. I also loved the whole necromancer and dragon elements.


6. Book With a Non Binary Main Character

Sallot from Mask of Shadows

I thought the way the author incorporated they pronouns was done really well in this duology. The author managed to make it flow naturally which I didn't expect with how wired my brain is to use gender pronouns.


7. Book With a Trans Main Character

Danny From Dreadnought

I havent read any trans main characters so if you have any scifi and fantasy recommendations please let me know. Dreadnought is the only one on my TBR, but I havent had a chance to read it yet. Im thinking of picking it up on audiobook very soon because I need some more trans protagonist in my life.


8. Favorite LGBT+ Couple

Danny from the Lost Coast

Im not going to mention the love interests name to avoid any spoilers, but I adored her and Danny together. I was so invested in their relationship. Despite having its obstacles it was really sweet.


9. Most Recent LGBT+ Book You've Read

Shatter the Sky

Im actually just about to finish this one. It follows a girl who plans on stealing a dragon so she can rescue her girlfriend from the Seers who captured her.


10. LGBT+ Book You Haven't Gotten to Yet

These Divided Shores

I got a review copy of this so Id like to get to it soon and finish up the duology. One of the perspective is from a gay prince.


12. Most Anticipated LGBT+ Release

Gideon the Ninth

I have way more anticipated releases, but all the hype Ive been hearing for this one has gotten me all excited. I do have a review copy so Im hoping to read in July. It follows a bi necromamcer which sounds super exciting.


13. Favorite LGBT+ Book

Sawkill Girls

Many of the books mentionned above could also be considered a favorite but this had some great queer representation with both an ace main character and a sapphic romance. It also has a mysterious plot and creepy island setting that I really loved.



I tag anyone who has read enough queer books that they feel comfortable answering these questions. No pressure. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment