Friday 9 August 2019

Fantasy JourneyAThon TBR - Harry Potter


This readathon takes place from August 10th to the 19th. My TBR is a little ambitous for me since I haven't been reading more than a couple books a week at most, but it will be fun to try. Ill probably not read them in order since I read multiple books at once, but if I dont finish all the challenges by the time the readathon ends Ill only count up to whatever challenge I didnt end completing when I post my wrap up. Im just doing this readathon for fun, but if you want higher stakes you can join a Hogwarts house and earn points. You can find the information for the readathon here. I love readathons with maps and since I joined the last round I knew I wanted to do this one as well. This round is Harry Potter themed which works well with the NEWTs readathon Im also doing this month.

MAP


CHALLENGES

Eyelops Owl Emporium: Read a Book With a Bird On the Cover

Serpent and Dove

Theres a bird in the black detail right in the middle. Its probably a dove considering its in the title.


Leaky Cauldron: Read a Book With Witches/Wizards

Sea Witch Rising

The title is pretty self explanatory, this book has a sea witch. With the way the first book ended Im interested to see where this sequel will go.


Kings Cross Station: Read a Book With Scarlet On the Cover

Only Ashes Remain

I think this is the most fitting book on my TBR since its almost completely covered in red.


Forest of Dean: Read a Book With a Tree On The Cover

Lumbernanes Vol. 3

I needed to add some kind of comic on here to help me along with the challenges and I had been meaning to continue on with the Lumberjanes for a while now.


Tottenham Court Road: Read a Book Under 300 Pages

Lumberjanes Vol. 3

I dont think I have any books under 300 pages so I figured Id use a comic for this challenge.



Flourish & Blotts: Read a Book With a Beautiful Cover

There Will Come a Darkness

I tend to prefer dark covers, and I love the pops of red color. The whole cover has a very ominous tone and its making me want to pick it up even more.


12 Grimmauld Place: Read a Book With a Dark Theme

House of Rage and Sorrow

This deals with major family betrayals and grief.


The 3 Broomsticks: Read a Book With Multiple POV or Authors

Last Hope

The first book had 3 points of view so Im assuming this sequel will to.


Ollivanders: Read a Book With Magic

These Divided Shores

This world has plants with magical properties, but Im not sure if Ill be able to get to it in time since its a pretty big book. Thankfully I have some magical comics as back up.


4 Privet Drive: Read a Book Set in the Real World

Staked

This is set in our world but it does have some magic and paranomal creatures. I dont have any books on my TBR that doesnt have some kind of magical or futuristic element to it so this will have to work.


Are You Joining?

No comments:

Post a Comment