Saturday 31 August 2019

NEWTs Readathon Wrap Up - 2019


This yearly readathon took place during the entire month of August. I completed all the OWLs exams in April so Id be able to go for any career I wanted, but since I was concentrating on Metal Charmer during my OWLs I decided to stick with that career for this round. My TBR changed a little as I added more graphic novels, but anything that counts on goodreads counts for this readathon and Im just happy I managed to complete everything I needed for my career. I read a couple more things in August, but Ill talk about those in my Monthly Wrap up on Monday. Some of the books have full reviews up on my blog, but Ill be talking more about my thoughts for all of these in my wrap up. I didnt share them here so my posts wouldnt get too repetitive, but I do mention why each books fits the exam. You can find more information on the Announcement Video.

CAREER:

REQUIRED EXAMS:

Arithmacy

A: Ends On An Even Page Number

House of Rage and Sorrow
This book had an even number at 336 pages which were super quick and easy to read.



E: Standalone

Shadows Between Us
I didnt barely have any standalones on my TBR but when I got my hands on this one I had to read it right away.


O: Over 350 Pages

Shattered
I did listen to the audiobook of this one, but Goodreads says it has a total of 352 pages.


⭐ Charms ⭐

A: Gorgeous Cover

Death and Night
Both covers in this duology were gorgeous and this novella was no exception. I love the night sky background and the glittering jeweled flower.


E: Read A Comic

Natty
This is one of the comics I received for review so I thought it be a great fit for this prompt.


O: Read A Paperback Book

Only Ashes Remain
This is the only physical book I had on my TBR this month so I knew I needed to read it for this challenge. The review copy is in paperback firms so it totally works.


⭐ Transfiguration ⭐

A: LGBT+ Rep

Last Hope
For this prompt I wanted the representation to be from at least one of the main characters and this book worked out perfectly since two of the main male characters are in relationship.


E: Not The First In a Series

Lumberjanes Vol. 3
Ive been meaning to make more progress in this comic series so this readathon was the perfect excuse to pick up the next volume.


O: Over 500 Pages

Serpent and Dove
This was such a good book it didnt feel like it was 528 pages. It was also the only 500+ page book I managed to read this month.


⭐ Ancient Ruins ⭐

A: Recommended By a Friend

Mooncakes
Ive seen a bunch of reviewers I follow recently recommend this so I knew I had to read it for this prompt.


E: Written In Past Tense

Containment
I never pay attention to what tense a book is written in so I wasnt sure Id be able to find a book for this prompt but thankfully they're a lot more common than I first thought.


⭐ Defense Against the Dark Arts ⭐

A: Black Under the Dust Jacket

Staked
I also listened to this book on audio, but from what I could find the colors under the dust jacket are blue and black, but please correct me if Im wrong.


Did You Join? What Career Did You Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment