Thursday 22 August 2019

Fantasy JourneyAThon Wrap Up


The second round of the Fantasy JourneyAThon was Harry Potter themed and took place from August 10th to the 19th. I didnt complete all 10 challenges in 10 days, but I did finish 9 prompts so thats pretty good. I ended up changing some of my TBR by adding more comics to help me succeed. I read 3 novels, 2 novellas and 4 comics. I started the readathon a couple days late and spent a good portion of the last days playing Pokemon Pearl on my DS. I finally got a replacement game for the one I lost a couple years ago and got right addicted to it. It just makes me super nostalgic for my childhood. Im sure I could have read more, but I needed a little break to get excited about reading again and it worked. If you want to join the next round you should follow the readathon on Twitter so you can be notified whenever they announce round three.

MAP


Eyelops Owl Emporium: Book With a Bird On the Cover

Serpent and Dove

Theres a bird in the black details right in the middle. Its probably a dove considering the name of the book.


Leaky Cauldron: Book With Witches/Wizards

Kaibab Unbound

This Iron Druid novella was all about the main characters run in with a group of witches trying to bound an elemental.


Kings Cross Station: Book With Scarlet On the Cover

Exorsisters Vol. 1

I dont know if this scarlet, but its definitely red. I actually read this right at the beginning of the readathon, but totally forgot to add it to Goodreads.


Forest of Dean: Book With a Tree On The Cover

Lumbernanes Vol. 3

This summer camp setting has lots of trees and I needed to add a few comics to help me along with the readathon challenges.


Tottenham Court Road: Book Under 300 Pages

Natty Vol. 1

I dont think I have many books under 300 pages so I figured Id use a comic for the challenge. This one was about 80 pages.


Flourish & Blotts: Book With a Beautiful Cover

Death and Night

I love the night sky cover with the glittering flower gem. Its really stunning like every other cover in this series. I had meant to read this novella months ago for another readathon so Im happy I finally got a chance to pick it up.


12 Grimmauld Place: Book With a Dark Theme

Kriss Vol. 1

Theres definitely some brutal moments with the main character being able to tap into this into this magical ability called the wrath.


The 3 Broomsticks: Book With Multiple POV or Authors

The Last Hope

The first book had 3 points of view so I knew this sequel would have at least 3 and it also has 2 authors so it fits this challenge perfectly.


Ollivanders: Book With Magic

Staked

The main character is a druid so he can perform magical bindings with help from the earth. There's also plenty of witches and other magical creatures.


4 Privet Drive: Book Set in the Real World

I dont read books set in the real world without some kind of magical or scifi element to it and the announcement said it couldnt have those so I decided to finish the readathon at Ollivanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment