Thursday 18 July 2019

Female Villain Theme Songs


For this post Ill be highlighting some of my favorite female villains/morally grey female characters and pairing it with a theme song. I almost decided to do couples instead of villains because I know way more love songs, but villains were just speaking to me today so maybe next time. Beware there might be some slight spoilers for the books mentionned.

Katharine From Three Dark Crowns


Sweet But Psycho by Ava Max

She's poison but tasty
Yeah, people say, "Run, don't walk away"
Cause she's sweet but a psycho
A little bit psycho


As the series progresses we really get to see sweet Katharines decent into insanity and being more vicious. People have learned to fear her. Shes being courted by these suitors who cant seem to get enough of her. She also consumes a great deal of poison so I thought that lyric fit perfectly.

Sophia From the Belles


Disturbia by Rihanna

It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you
A disease of the mind, it can control you
It's too close for comfort

Princess Sophia is absolutely obsessed with the idea of beauty. It literally consumes her and controls most of her decisions. Shes hurt the people closest to her out of jealousy and this need to perfect her beauty. She's lost her mind and this songs totally reflects that.

Val from Crown of Feathers


Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys

Looks like a girl, but she's a flame
So bright, she can burn your eyes
Better look the other way
You can try, but you'll never forget her name


I cant really explain in detail why the lyrics fit Val so well without revealing some major spoilers, but what I can say is she dreams of becoming a Phoenix Rider and she will stop at nothing to get it. Shes done things that have a lot of people talking about her. She can be cold and calculating but shes also super fierce and fiery. I doubt anyone will forget her. If you've read the book then you will know enough about her past to understand why this song fits her.

Cress From Ash Princess


Bad Guy by Billie Eilish

Sleepin', you're on your tippy toes
Creepin' around like no one knows
Think you're so criminal
Bruises on both my knees for you


If you listen to the entire song as if Cress is talking to Theo it fits so well its kind of eerie. This first verse seems refer to Theos life as a prisoner and her escape. Then Cress is comparing herself to Theo and saying you think what you did was bad well let me show you bad. It also feels like shes talking about seducing the prince's father and making the princes love interest jealous.

Val From Sawkill Girls


Bring Me To Life by Evanescence

Wake me up inside
Call my name and save me from the dark
Bid my blood to run
Before I come undone
Save me from the nothing I've become


Val has had to do some terrible things because of a pack her family made with a monster. Leading girls to the woods to feed the monster is consuming her inside. The only way she was able to live with herself is by becoming numb, but then a new girl comes to town and starts to wake her up to the possibility of rebelling.

I Hope You All Like The Songs Ive Picked
Do you have a favorite pairing?

No comments:

Post a Comment