Monday 29 July 2019

Reading Rush Wrap Up


This readathon took place from the 22nd of July to the 28th. Once I checked all the badges I realized there were a lot more challenges than I was expecting. On top of the main 7 challenges I did end up also getting the 7 books badge, the 5 star badge, the 1000 pages badge and the different social media ones. The only one I didnt get was the join a read in badge since there wasnt any near me. Now lets get into what I read for the original 7 badges.

Purple Cover Challenge: Book With Purple On The Cover!

Finale

I listened to the audiobook and really enjoyed it. I personally dont mind love triangles and I was happy with the way eveything wrapped up.


Same Spot Challenge: Read a Book in the Same Spot the Entire Time!

The Music Box

I also read Witchy and Princeless Volume 5 and 6 all in the same spot so this challenge is definitely covered. I loved the vibrant art and the adventure story in Music Box. Im so glad I randomly picked it from my saved list on hoopla.


Last Year Book Challenge: Book You Meant to Read Last Year!

Heavy Vynil

I had been wanting to read this since I heard Ali at Hardback Hoarder talk about it when in came out in 2018. Id definitely recommend. It has cute art, queer characters, a compelling mystery, and a great friend group.


Author’s Debut Challenge: Read an Author’s First Book!

Witchy

This was the author/artist first work from what I could find on Goodreads. It was so immersive I kept thinking about it long after I was done reading it and found myself wanting to return to this world to find out what happens in the next installment.


Non Human Character Challenge: Book With a Non-Human Main Character!

The Demon Barker of Wheat Street

The main character is a druid and we also get his talking dog Oberon so I think this fulfills the challenge. Its made me want to continue with the rest of the series right away.


Five Word Title Challenge: Book With Five or More Words in the Title!

Daughter of the Midway, the Mermaid, and the Open, Lonely Sea

I love this so much it was a 5 star read hands down. It reminded me of why I love the Wayward Children series so much. The ending had a huge cliff hanger and I seriously need to know what happens next, but sadly I dont think we are getting any more of the story.


Book to Movie Adaptation Challenge: Read a Book & Watch the Adaptation!

Little Red Riding Hood by the Grimm Brothers

The original fairytale was very similar to what I remember hearing as a child. I didnt expect red riding hood to face a second wolf though. Im pretty sure theres a couple adaptations of this fairytale, but I watched the 2011 version with Amanda Seyfried.


Did You Particpate?

No comments:

Post a Comment