Saturday 20 July 2019

Mid Year 2019 Goal Check In


Ive been doing these mid year check ins since I started blogging on Books Amino 3 years ago and I think they're a great way to see what I need to work on or what goal isnt as important to me anymore.

GOALS

1. Read 100 Books

- My Goodreads was at 77 at the end of June. I dont think Ill have a problem reaching 100 by the end of the year. I use to not count comics and short novellas, but I figured its just a number and its the quality of books that matters so now I count everything.

2. Read 15 Older Releases

- Ive read about 10 books not published in 2019 and a good portion of that is the Iron Druid series. I have quite a few review copies to get to during the second half of the year so it might be a little harder to fit in some older titles but Ill try to pick some audiobooks that can help me reach this goal. One of the main points of this challenge was to make sure I didnt forget the 2018 and 2017 releases I was highly anticipating before they came out, but never got the chance to read.

3. Complete 25 Series

- I might have a really hard time reaching this goal as Ive only completed 7 so far. I do have quite a few series finales to read but I just havent gotten around to them yet. Last year I forced myself to finish series I wasn't even enjoying that much and as the year progressed I realized I didnt want to do that again this year. If I could go back Id make it likr 15 or 20 series since thats more than enough. Ill be happy if I reach that.

4. Read 10 Books Outside YA

- Ive read 8 so far and most of those were from the Iron Druid series. Some of them are crossover novels that could easily be places in the YA section like In An Absent Dream so its not always easy to get an accurate number but Im sure Ill surpass 10 so this goal shouldn't be a problem either way. I was hoping to have at least a couple middle grades in here so Ill try to get some read in the second half of the year.

5. Read 20 LGBT+ Books

- Ive read 21 books where one of the points of view was queer. Sadly, not all of them had great representation, but Im still counting them since I did pick them up for the queer representation. This challenge was probably the easiest for me since reading queer books has become second nature at this point. Its what I prefer reading so I tend to reach for them automatically. Since Ive been focusing so much on this goal my completed series goal hasnt been as important to me.

STATS

Total: 77 books

Review Books: 47
Audiobooks: 19
Comics: 13
Short/Novellas: 8

Young Adult: 48
Adult: 8


Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment